Friday, July 4, 2008

Summer Task #2

Hey guys,With the first summer task having come to a close, I decided I would step up and present the next challenge. Diana mentioned maybe making some things for the Block Party but until we meet up to discuss, I'd like to continue having projects to work on.
Without further adieu:

Summer Task #2: Web Site Design

Let me preface this task by saying that your web site design, in no way needs to be functional on the web. A simple JPEG of your conceptualized design will suffice.

Here are a few examples to help you get inspired:











The actual site can be whatever you want it to be. A website for a band, a blog, an online store, anything goes.

Think about Typography and Graphics (images). These days, graphics play a huge role in website design. Remember that you have certain liberties that you might normally be restricted by with print media.
Really look around and see what makes certain websites stand out from others.

Let's say that submissions will be due on July 12th. That gives you 9 days to come up with a design. I know this is less time that the previous task but, given that it's summer, I feel like it should be enough.

I look foward to seeing your designs.

- Chris

No comments: